The Department of Infrastructure Development will;
- Formulate and implement policies and strategies relating to infrastructure development in Northern Kenya and Other Arid Lands.
- Provide leadership and a platform for actors engaged in infrastructure development in the region.
- Establish and sustain good working relationships with relevant line Ministries/Department and other agencies.
- Identify and provide innovative, workable and sustainable solutions to the challenges facing infrastructure development in the region.
- Coordinate infrastructure development programmes and projects in the region and ensure that they met the set standards; and
- Interpret policies and relevant statutes in line with the Ministry's mandates, goals and objectives.